The longer days and warmer temperatures can only mean one thing – that’s right, spring has finally arrived in Vancouver. Spring not only means beautiful cherry blossoms and walks along the seawall in Stanley Park, it is also the season to get to those chores you had been putting off during the rainy winter.
As the premier real estate agents for all of your Coal Harbour real estate needs, here is a room by room spring cleaning checklist for your beautiful home.
Chances are your bathroom is always in need of a cleaning, so why not start here? Remember, a spring cleaning is more than just a quick wipe of the bathroom counter and a toilet scrub.
Here are some suggestions to get that deep, sparkling clean in your bathroom.
- Wipe the walls and ceilings with a neutral pH cleaner.
- Scrub and clean the shower tile.
- Clean the glass shower doors and apply a water repellent coating such as RainX to prevent any water build up or soap scum.
- Wash mats and towels.
- Wash and clean mirrors and windows.
- Scrub the floor with a disinfectant.
- Scrub and clean the toilet.
Your bedroom will probably need a less labour intensive cleaning job than your bathroom but take the time and get it freshened up for the spring.
- Vacuum and wipe walls and ceilings.
- Dust all surfaces.
- Open the windows and air out your room.
- Wash drapes, linens, bedding etc.
- Shampoo and steam clean the carpets if applicable.
Your kitchen is another room that is always in use and may take a little extra TLC when it comes to spring cleaning. Here are some suggestions to get your kitchen spotless.
- Clean the refrigerator inside and out. Take the extra time to vacuum behind your fridge and remove the front grill to vacuum any dust or lint that may have built up around the coils.
- Degrease the stove and clean your oven. This includes removing and soaking the stove elements.
- Scrub all counters and island tops.
- Clean your stainless steel and remove fingerprints and streaks with the proper cleaner.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop the floors.
- Wash and clean out drawers, cabinets, utensils and cutlery.
Family and Living Room
Your family and living room are usually cleaned and tidied daily, especially if you have children. Again, go above and beyond the usual cleaning and get these rooms in tip top shape this spring.
- Dust ceiling fans, bookcases, and shelves.
- Vacuum rugs and steam clean if possible.
- Clean and vacuum upholstery– chairs, sofas, loveseats etc.
- Clean and dust electronics with the proper cleaning items including a soft scratch free cloth for your television.
These spring cleaning tips will have your Coal Harbour condo looking like new in no time. Not only will a thorough cleaning take your home to another level, it is also a great way to get your condo ready for the real estate market. If you have been thinking about taking advantage of the red-hot spring real estate market, a show ready home is a great place to start. Let us know if you have any questions.
Happy Spring Cleaning.